This nationally accredited course is delivered at York St John University on behalf of the Diocese of Middlesbrough.
The Course leader is Mrs Gillian Simpson.
- The full course of eight modules is spread over two years.
- Modules at York are delivered on a Tuesday evening from 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- A written assignment of 1500 words is to be completed for each module
- Ideal for Teachers (Catholic and non-Catholic), experienced Catechists, lay chaplaincy co-ordinators, and especially recommended to Teachers considering applying for Senior Management posts.
- Suitable for any Catholic wishing to explore religious studies at a deeper level.
- An academic course of A level standard.
- Leads to an accredited qualification for those who pass all modules – highly desirable for employment in many school and Church roles.
- Modules cover Old and New Testament, Christology, Sacraments, the Church, and Morality – with optional modules focussing upon Catholic Education or Parish catechesis / pastoral care.
- £60 per module at York St John.
Participants are also welcome to study just individual modules, or to take the course for personal interest without doing the written assignments.
- Please see your Parish Priest or School Head Teacher who will have a supply of booking forms, or contact Rev. Vincent Purcell or Sue Paterson at the Curial Office.
- Gillian Simpson can provide further details re dates, venue, modules, booking arrangements etc. – she can be contacted on 01904 876304 or firstname.lastname@example.org