CCRS – The Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies
This nationally renowned and accredited course will recommence for new students in September 2011.
It will be administered through the Vicariate for Evangelisation and delivered by a number of experienced practitioners with rich academic backgrounds. At York the Course leader is Mrs Gillian Simpson at York St John University.
- The full course of eight modules is spread over two years.
- Modules at York are delivered on a Tuesday evening from 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- A written assignment of 1500 words is to be completed for each module
- Ideal for Teachers (Catholic and non-Catholic), experienced Catechists, lay chaplaincy co-ordinators, and especially recommended to Teachers considering applying for Senior Management posts.
- Suitable for any Catholic wishing to explore religious studies at a deeper level.
- An academic course of A level standard.
- Leads to an accredited qualification for those who pass all modules – highly desirable for employment in many school and Church roles.
- Modules cover Old and New Testament, Christology, Sacraments, the Church, and Morality – with optional modules focussing upon Catholic Education or Parish catechesis / pastoral care.
- £60 per module at York St John.
Participants are also welcome to study just individual modules, or to take the course for personal interest without doing the written assignments.
- Please see your Parish Priest or School Head Teacher who will have a supply of booking forms, or contact Jane or Sue at the Curial Office.
- Gillian Simpson can provide further details re dates, venue, modules, booking arrangements etc. – she can be contacted on 01904 876304 or email@example.com