CCRS – The Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies
This nationally accredited course is delivered at York St John University on behalf of the Diocese of Middlesbrough.
The Course leader is Mrs Gillian Simpson.
- The full course of eight modules is spread over two years.
- Modules at York are delivered on a Tuesday evening from 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- A written assignment of 1500 words is to be completed for each module
- Ideal for Teachers (Catholic and non-Catholic), experienced Catechists, lay chaplaincy co-ordinators, and especially recommended to Teachers considering applying for Senior Management posts.
- Suitable for any Catholic wishing to explore religious studies at a deeper level.
- An academic course of A level standard.
- Leads to an accredited qualification for those who pass all modules – highly desirable for employment in many school and Church roles.
- Modules cover Old and New Testament, Christology, Sacraments, the Church, and Morality – with optional modules focussing upon Catholic Education or Parish catechesis / pastoral care.
- £60 per module at York St John.
Participants are also welcome to study just individual modules, or to take the course for personal interest without doing the written assignments.
- Please see your Parish Priest or School Head Teacher who will have a supply of booking forms, or contact Rev. Vincent Purcell or Sue Paterson at the Curial Office.
- Gillian Simpson can provide further details re dates, venue, modules, booking arrangements etc. – she can be contacted on 01904 876304 or email@example.com