The information published on the Diocese of Middlesbrough website is provided as a service to users, to be used for informational purposes only.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Please note:
2. On occasion, when using the Diocese of Middlesbrough web-site, you may be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address) in order to receive or use services on our website.
4. By voluntarily entering your personal details in the fields requested, you enable the Diocese of Middlesbrough to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we confirm that we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information the Diocese of Middlesbrough will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
Use and storage of your personal information
5. When you supply any personal information to the Diocese of Middlesbrough we must adhere to our legal obligations towards you in the way we use that data. We must collect the information in an open and transparent way, that is, we must explain how we will use it (there are notices on particular pages that let you know why we are requesting the information) and we will at all times inform you if we intend to pass the information on to anyone else.
6. Unless we advise you to the contrary, any information you provide to the Diocese of Middlesbrough will only be used by the Diocese of Middlesbrough. Your information will only be disclosed to a third party where we are obliged or permitted by law. You should be aware that if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on the website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the website, the Diocese of Middlesbrough can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour.
7. By using the Diocese of Middlesbrough web-site, you acknowledge that all of your submissions through the website are public and not private information. The Diocese of Middlesbrough specifically disclaims any liability with regard to any actions resulting from your submissions and postings to the contact details found on the website. Generally, any communication which you post through the website is considered to be non-confidential.
8. The Diocese of Middlesbrough ensures that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This personal information will only be held on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and will be removed at such time as that the purpose for which the information was submitted has been met.
9. Should you wish to be provided with a copy of the personal information the Diocese of Middlesbrough holds about you, you may make a written request for this information and you have the right to have any inaccuracies corrected. A charge may be made for the provision of this information.
10. By using the Diocese of Middlesbrough website you are providing your consent to the collection and use of your personal information by the Diocese of Middlesbrough in the ways outlined above. If, having given your consent to the use of your data you subsequently change your mind you can stop all, or particular uses of your data by sending an e-mail to the contact address found on the home page.