National Marriage Week (8-14th February 2010) is a platform to encourage people to reflect on and celebrate marriage.
A week-long opportunity for couples to reflect on their relationship, the joys and sorrows, hopes and fears, achievements and disappointments.
A time for the parish community to reflect on their role to support couples, and create an atmosphere that helps marriages to thrive.
Ideas to mark the week
How about a social event to celebrate marriage?
- A ‘pub quiz’ – with rounds like ‘How do I love thee – in different languages, Match the famous couples, quote unquote – who said what? What sang what? Couples in film and literature (see www.marriage-week.org.uk for this and other ideas)
- On Sunday 14th February, Valentine’s Day, for couples to renew their marriage vows after the Gospel and Homily at Mass today
- Special prayers for engaged and married couples
- Take a collection for on e of the organisations that support marriage
- Send a card to everyone married in the church in the last 12 months – invite them to 14th Feb Mass!
- Have a fresh look at the parish provision for marriage preparation
Enjoy the week!