Having attending the ‘information’ evening, those interested are invited to go away and organise a local Workshop which Caroline, the Project Worker, will come and facilitate.
To make it easy, they will have a Planning Pack:
- Planning outline – Share out the responsibilities for the workshop event (ie Book date with Caroline/ and book suitable venue; Invitations to parishioners/posters etc; ‘Reply’ Contact for queries/responses; Hospitality – room set up, refreshments, focal point, technical (power sockets/screen or wall etc); welcome on the evening; Evaluation and follow-up).
- Invitation templates (both for key people you know would be interested, and a general open invitation to all parishioners)
- Poster template
- Project Worker dates (choice available –first come, first serve basis)
Work with neighbouring parishes or clusters
First, confirm your Parish Priest is ‘on board’ with the idea and happy for you to organise it!
- At the information evening, arrange a date to meet and plan workshop. It’s a good idea to meet and plan with others in your area/neighbouring parishes/parish cluster – and have a workshop for local parishes together. This will allows for a rich sharing of experience and ideas, and full exploration of the range of practical tools available to explore ‘welcome’.
- Following the workshop each parish may decide to take the project back to their own community, and use one of the resources to get it going. These range from the very simple ‘Tips for Becoming a more Welcoming Parish’ to a more comprehensive parish audit. You choose whatever best suits your parish needs at the moment.
- The whole aim is to build on what we are already doing, and become even more welcoming, friendly, and family-sensitive!
Dates available for Workshops: Book direct with Caroline as first step.
March: 11th 12th , 18th 19th 24th 25th 30th 31st (8)
April: 21st 23rd 27th 28th (4)
May: 6th 7th 12th 13th 20th 21st 27th 28th (8)
June : 2nd, 10th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd, 26th (6)
July : 1st, 2nd, 7th, 9th, 14h,16th , 21st , 23rd, (8)
Total of 34 workshops
(Each Workshop lasts 2 hrs, eg 7.00-9.00, or a Saturday morning, 10.30 – 12.30)