St Wilfrid, York

The parishes of St Joseph’s, York, and St Wilfrid’s, York, are served in collaboration

Duncombe Place
York
YO1 7EF

Tel: 01904 624767

Email

rectory@stwilfridsyork.org.uk

Website

www.stwilfridsyork.org.uk

Clergy

Rev Richard Duffield, Cong Orat (Parish Priest)
Rev Nicholas Edmonds-Smith, Cong Orat
Rev Stephen Brown, Cong Orat
Brother Adam Fairbairn, Cong Orat
Brother Henry O’Connell, Cong Orat
Brother David Chadwick, Cong Orat

Service Times

Masses

Sunday: Saturday evening 6.30pm, Sunday 8.30am, 10.30am and noon (Sung Latin Mass in the Extraordinary form)

Holy days: Usually 12.10pm and 6pm (sung Latin Mass in the Extraordinary Form) – Please see website or newsletter to check times

Weekdays: Monday to Saturday 12.10pm

Saturday 10am at the Shrine of St Margaret Clitherow, The Shambles, York YO1 7LZ

Confessions

Daily before each Mass and on request

Saturday 10.45am-noon

Exposition

Daily from 11.30am-noon. Rosary or other devotions after every 12.10pm Mass

Vespers and Benediction

Sunday 6pm and on the eve of feasts – please check the website or newsletter

Facilities

Full access facilities for wheelchairs (access plus disabled toilet)

Loop system for hearing-aid users

“Upper Room” for meetings and small gatherings

General

RCIA, First Holy Communion Preparation, Confirmation Preparation, Bell Ringing, Liturgy of the Word for Children, SVP, Legion of Mary, Life Ascending, Young People’s Groups, Parents & Toddlers, Brothers of the Secular Oratory (Men’s Oratory), Women’s Oratory, Choirs, Knights of St Columba, Divine Mercy Mass and Devotions, York Aquinas Reading Group.

Nuffield Hospital, Whitecross Court, Peppermill Court, Red Roofs, Archways, Mulberry Court, Grove House, Minster Grange.

History

A mission/parish since at least 1710. The administrative centre for the secular clergy of Yorkshire through the 18th and 19th centuries. Several chapels over time: that of 1802 was demolished to make way for the present church, built 1862-4 as pro-cathedral for the Diocese of Beverley in succession to St George’s (architect George Goldie).