About the CCRS:
This nationally accredited course is administered through the Vicariate for Spirituality and Worship and delivered by a number of experienced practitioners with rich academic backgrounds.
- The Middlesbrough cohort will be based at Saint Mary’s Cathedral, Coulby Newham.
- The full course of eight modules is spread over two years
- In-built flexibility permits participants to take up to a maximum of five years to complete the CCRS (ideal for people who need to take a break)
- Each module requires attendance for two Saturdays from 9.30am to 3pm (i.e. sixteen days in total over the whole course)
- A written assignment of 1500 words is to be completed for each module
- Ideal for Teachers (Catholic and non-Catholic), experienced Catechists, lay chaplaincy co-ordinators, and especially recommended to Teachers considering applying for Senior Management posts
- Suitable for any Catholic wishing to explore religious studies at a deeper level
- An academic course of A level standard
- Leads to an accredited qualification for those who pass all modules – highly desirable for employment in many school and Church roles.
- Modules cover Old and New Testament, Christology, Sacraments, the Church, and Morality – with optional modules focussing upon Catholic Education or Parish catechesis / pastoral care
- £50 per module (£40 for unwaged and students)
- Participants are also welcome to study just individual modules, or to take the course for personal interest without doing the written assignment
- Please see your Parish Priest or School Head Teacher who will have a supply of leaflets and booking forms, or contact Rev Vincent Purcell or Sue Paterson at the Curial Office.