Our Lady and the Holy Angels, Gilling East

SOME MASS TIMES HAVE TEMPORARILY CHANGED BECAUSE OF THE PANDEMIC. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE PARISH CONCERNED TO CONFIRM DETAILS

 

York Road, Gilling East, York YO62 4HP

Tel: 01439 788596

E-mail

bede@ampleforth.org.uk

Served from

St Laurence’s Abbey, Ampleforth

Clergy

Rev Bede Leach OSB, ARICS, MCIOB

Service Times

Masses

Sunday: (Fist Mass Sat eve 6pm – alternates with Our Lady & Saint Benedict Ampleforth Village.)

Holy days: 7.30pm

Confessions

By arrangement

Facilities

Access only (ramps, etc)

Loop system for hearing-aid users

History

There were Catholics at Gilling and monk chaplains in the castle from the mid-17th Century. When Fr Bolton moved to Ampleforth, Mass at Gilling ceased (except for a time in the 1860s) until it returned to the castle with the school in 1930. From Advent 1950, the village school (c 1850) became the present chapel. It was extended in around 1960.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This