Enneagram Studies in the Narrative Tradition
with Karen Webb
An Introduction to the Enneagram, led by Karen Webb on June 1st and 2nd, 2009 at
St Bede’s Pastoral Centre, York
The Enneagram is a dynamic, ancient, spiritual and psychological model of humanity. It describes nine basic personality types, how they vary and interact, and the direct link between the psycho-logical and spiritual aspects of each. Giving extraordinarily accurate insight into our day-to-day behaviour, preoccupations, strengths and weaknesses and those of our friends, colleagues and lovers, it also indicates each person’s most fruitful approach to personal growth.
The outer study of the system concerns how the nine types think and feel, how they relate to each other, what will help them flourish and grow. This offers essential understanding of ourselves and our relationships; but the real power of the system lies in the inner study.
The inner study joins insight into personality with the technology of sacred tradition. The Enneagram shows ways in which emotional red flags such as jealousy or fear can become the raw material, the energy source, for liberation. The task is to transform the thoughts and emotions that define our personality into capacities such as empathy, non-attachment and love
On this introductory workshop you will:
- Discover the hidden emotional and mental concerns of each type
- Learn some of the patterns of behaviour and interaction created by these unconscious habits of perception
- Recognise your own type and those of people you know
- Understand how security as well as stress ‘changes’ your personality
- Learn to improve relationships of all kinds, by
- seeing yourself through others’ eyes
- understanding the different points of view of each type
- realising your own biases and reactions towards different types
- Learn the higher attributes of each type
- Start to discover how to use your ‘negative’ patterns to fuel growth
Whether you already know something about the Enneagram, or nothing, the Narrative Tradition approach will give you a living experience of each type.
Karen Webb is an internationally known teacher and author who has taught the Enneagram since 1992
Venue: Non-residential: St Bede’s Pastoral Centre, 21 Blossom St., York
Times: Monday and Tuesday 9.30-5pm
Price: £40 for 2 days
Booking: 01904 464900 email@example.com