Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Market Weighton

2 Sancton Road, Market Weighton YO34 3DB
Tel: 01430 873202

Website

http://www.stmarystjohn.org.uk/

Email

stmarystjohn@live.co.uk.org

Associated parishes

St John the Baptist, Holme-on-Spalding Moor

Clergy

Father David Standen, Priest in Charge

Deacon

Rev William Adlington, 52 Ingle Court, Beverley Road, Market Weighton YO43 3HB
Tel: 01430 873362

Service Times

Masses

Sunday: Saturday evening 5.30pm, Sunday 10.30am

Holy days: 9.30am and 7pm

Weekdays: See newsletter via website

Confessions

Saturday 5pm and at call

Facilities

Access only (ramps, etc)

Loop system for hearing-aid users

General

League of Friends, Padre Pio Prayer Group

Nursing homes – St Catherine’s, Northgate House, Linden House

History

Founded from the domestic chapel of the Langdale family at Houghton Hall, Sancton. The chapel at Houghton (1829) was demolished in 1957 and the present church at Market Weighton was built in 1960, replacing a tin church of 1905 (architect J Houghton of Hull).