Celebrations commence on 11th March 2008
- 10.00 am Richmond Town Crier announces the event from the Market Place
- 10.30 am Short, informal ecumenical service in the Friary Ruins, in the Town Centre, accessed from Queens Road and Victoria Road and Tourist Information Centre.
- 11.30 am Launch of the Revised History of the Friary. Booklet sponsored by Richmond and District Civic Society and written by Mike Wood, Chairman of the Friends of Richmondshire Museum. This will take place in Weatherspoons Inn ‘The Ralph Fitz Randal’ in Queens Road. He was the founding sponsor of the friary in 1258.
- 1.00 pm Town centre guided walk of places associated with the Richmond Friars and bookable walks for groups after Easter. Meet at Trinity Church Square in the Market Place.
Displays of Franciscan and Friary Interest
- Richmond Library during the week of 11th March
- Richmondshire Museum in Ryders Wynd from Easter to October
Available from April onwards. Copies can be posted out.
General Information Leaflet
Available from 11th March at Weatherspoons Local Information Point, at the Tourist Information Centre (next to the Friary Gardens and ruins), at businesses in the town and by post.
Later in the Year
Leaflet ‘Prayer Walk in the Friary’; Tower Floodlighting in September; Town Walk included in the ‘Books and Boots’ Festival in September; Concelebrated Mass in the ruined Friary Church; Civic Mass and Procession to the Friary Gardens for an Ecumenical Service in September; Secular Franciscans celebrate the Feast of St Francis of Assisi on Saturday 4th October with their Transitus Play and Service in the Catholic Church in Newbiggin, Richmond Town Centre.
Needing a base, town church halls are available for hire.
Telephone Contact for ALL ENQUIRIES and any new input/ideas – (01748) 818703.
Website for Further Information and Updated Information is www.richmond.org