St Peter’s Rectory, Castle Road, Scarborough YO11 1TH
Phone: 01723 360358
St Joseph, Green Lane, Newby YO12
St Peter, Castle Road, YO11 1TH
St Edward the Confessor, Avenue Victoria, YO11 2QS
Ver Rev Canon Eddie Gubbins, Parish Priest
St Edward’s: Saturday Vigil 5.30pm
St Joseph’s: 9.30am
St Peter’s: 9.30am (Polish), 11.30am
Holy days: 5.30pm on the eve (St Edward’s), 9.30am (St Joseph’s), 7pm (St Peter’s)
Saturday 10-10.30am (St Peter’s), 4.45pm-5.15pm (St Edward’s), Sunday 9.15am-9.45am (St Joseph’s)
Access only (ramps, etc) (St Peter, St Edward)
Full access facilities for wheelchairs (access plus disabled toilet) (St Joseph)
Loop system for hearing-aid users (all)
Scarborough Hospital, Cross Lane Hospital, St Catherine’s Hospice, St Augustine’s Comprehensive School, University of Hull – Scarborough Campus, St Peter’s Primary School
St Joseph: First, temporary church for the Newby, Scalby and northern outskirts of the town built in 1949. New, very elegant church built in 1960 when parish became independent (architect Francis Johnson of Bridlington).
St Peter: The original Scarborough parish in the old part of the town, near the castle on the North Cliff. A chapel of 1809 was replaced by a church on an adjoining site in 1856-8 (architect George Goldie).
St Edward the Confessor: Church built 1912-4 on the South Cliff. A Chapel of Ease to St Peter’s until 1969 and became such again in 1999 (architect John Petch and Son of Scarborough).