Rev Patrick Day, 55 Kings Road, North Ormesby, TS3 6EW
Sunday: Saturday evening 6pm, Sunday 10am
Holy days: 7pm on the eve, 10am
Saturday 10.30am-11am, 5.15pm-5.45pm and on request
Access only (ramps, etc)
Loop system for hearing-aid users
North Ormesby is one of Middlesbrough’s older suburbs and a school-chapel was built to serve the area in 1885. St Alphonsus maintained its own registers, independent of the Cathedral, from 1903 and a pre-cast church was built on Westbourne Grove in 1921, along the method pioneered by Messrs Speirs of Glasgow. This was demolished in 1958 and the present church was consecrated on December 1 1960. The church of St Pius X, Park End, built in 1955, was closed in 2007 and St Alphonsus now serves the whole area.